Cryptowit Quote Puzzle 2-8-14 by William W. Lawrence Sr.
Grr skt’y soykxoky jkxobk lxus tuz hkotm ghrk zu yoz ot g waokz xuus grutk.
Answer to yesterday’s puzzle: In a time of universal deceit – telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
February 7 2014 Omnibit Trivia by William W. Lawrence Sr.
Roman Emperor Augustus, an egotist, checked the calendar and noted that Julius Caesar had a month (July) named after him. Auggie did a bit of politiciking, and had the calendar makers put in the month of August. But, August only had 30 days and July had 31. August extended his month to 31 and shortened Februrary to 28 days.
Cryptowit Quote Puzzle 2-7-14 by William W. Lawrence Sr.
Ns f ynrj tk zsnajwxfq ijhjny – yjqqnsl ymj ywzym nx f wjatqzyntsfwd fhy.
Answer to yesterday’s puzzle: Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.
Visit Rights-Right.com, where you can find Cryptowit Quote Puzzles by William W. Lawrence Sr.
Cryptowit Quote Puzzle 2-6-14 by William W. Lawrence Sr.
Wmpirgi mw xli wpiit xlex rsyvmwliw amwhsq.
Answer to yesterday’s puzzle: Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.
C. S. Lewis about reason
Cryptowit Quote Puzzle 2-5-14 by William W. Lawrence Sr.
Tgcuqp ku vjg pcvwtcn qtfgt qh vtwvj; dwv kocikpcvkqp ku vjg qticp qh ogcpkpi.
E. U. Ngyku
Answer to yesterday’s puzzle: I had the perfect job for a gamer. From February to October, I’d get up at 7 in the morning with nothing to do but play games until I had to be at the park around 1 or 2 o’clock. When I got back after the game, I played until 3 or 4 in the morning.
Cryptowit Quote Puzzle 2-4-14 by William W. Lawrence Sr.
G fyb rfc ncpdcar hmz dmp y eykcp. Dpmk Dczpsypw rm Marmzcp, G’b ecr sn yr 7 gl rfc kmplgle ugrf lmrfgle rm bm zsr njyw eykcq slrgj G fyb rm zc yr rfc nypi ypmslb 1 mp 2 m’ajmai. Ufcl G emr zyai ydrcp rfc eykc, G njywcb slrgj 3 mp 4 gl rfc kmplgle.
Answer to yesterday’s puzzle: Visits should be short, like a Winter’s day.
American Folk Saying
Cryptowit Quote Puzzle 2-3-14 by William W. Lawrence Sr.
Sfpfqp pelria yb peloq, ifhb x Tfkqbo’p axv.
Xjbofzxk Clih Pxvfkd
Answer to yesterday’s puzzle: And all the king’s servants, that were at the doors of the palace, bent their knees, and worshipped Aman: for so the emperor had commanded them, only Mardochai did not bend his knee, nor worship him.
Cryptowit Quote Puzzle 2-2-14 by William W. Lawrence Sr.
Wjz whh pda gejc’o oanrwjpo, pdwp sana wp pda zkkno kb pda lwhwya, xajp pdaen gjaao, wjz sknodellaz Wiwj: bkn ok pda ailankn dwz ykiiwjzaz pdai, kjhu Iwnzkydwe zez jkp xajz deo gjaa, jkn sknodel dei.
Answer to yesterday’s puzzle: The February sunshine steeps your boughs and tints the buds and swells the leaves within.
William C. Bryant
Cryptowit Quote Puzzle 2-1-14 by William W. Lawrence Sr.
Ocz Azwmpvmt npincdiz nozzkn tjpm wjpbcn viy odion ocz wpyn viy nrzggn ocz gzvqzn rdocdi.
Rdggdvh X. Wmtvio
Answer to yesterday’s puzzle: Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
As bitterly cold winter weather again strikes the region, it is important to keep in mind several tips to stay safe this season, reports state Rep. Jim Cox (R-129).
It is a good idea to pack an emergency kit for a vehicle in case a driver becomes stranded. Transportation officials suggest a basic kit include non-perishable food, water, blanket, a small snow shovel and warm clothes. It is also recommended drivers include a flashlight with batteries and a candle with matches.
To help prevent breakdowns and crashes, be sure vehicles are in good shape by checking all fluid levels, lights, wiper blades and tire condition, and removing as much snow and ice as possible.
In addition, be sure to follow these guidelines when encountering a plow truck:
• Stay at least six car lengths behind an operating plow truck and remember that the main plow is wider than the truck.
• Be alert since plow trucks generally travel much more slowly than other traffic.
• When a plow truck is coming toward a motorist, move as far away from the center of the road as is safely possible, and remember that snow can obscure the actual snow plow width.
• Never try to pass or get between several trucks plowing side by side in a “plow train.” The weight of the snow thrown from the plow can quickly cause smaller vehicles to lose control and create a hazard for nearby vehicles.
• Never travel next to a plow truck since there are blind spots where the operator can’t see and they can occasionally be moved sideways when hitting drifts or heavy snowpack.
• Keep lights on to help the operator better see a vehicle. Also remember that under Pennsylvania law, vehicle lights must be on every time a vehicle’s wipers are on due to inclement weather.
Stay Safe This Winter