Why Does The Left Hate Fox News? — Fox and Friends this morning featured a report that solid intelligence was obtained from the “underwear bomber” who attempted to blow up Northwest Airlines Flight 253 to Detroit on Christmas, and that he has been cooperating with investigators.
Fox indicated that the reason for the cooperation was that the rather gentle handling Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab received during his arrest caused his Nigerian family to support the FBI in encouraging the cooperation.
The story was given good play and treated as significant and could be considered vindication for the Obama Administration’s policy regarding the treatment of terrorists captured in these situations, a policy which was roundly criticized by conservatives.
So why does the left hate Fox News?
It’s not because Fox is unwilling to criticize conservatives because it does.
It’s not because Fox is unwilling to give liberals a voice because it does.
It’s not because Fox is unwilling to give liberals credit for success because it does.
It’s because Fox is willing to criticize liberals — which is something no other broadcast news organization is willing to do.
Here are seven huge flaws in the way liberals think as per John Hawkins:
1) Liberals believe they can change human nature.
2) Liberals believe we can talk everything out with our enemies.
3) Liberals don’t have enough respect for our culture and traditions:
4) Liberalism is a fundamentally immoral political philosophy (i.e. they believe that those who agree with them are on the side of the angels regardless of how they behave and those who disagree with them are evil regardless of how they behave or their reasoning. This means they are willing to defend those ranging from the blatantly corrupt such as Barney Frank or Charles Rangle to the tyrannically brutal such as Che Guevera or Hugo Chavez.
5) Liberals believe merely being liberal makes them good people.
6) Liberals have too much faith in government.
7) Liberals have minimal interest in whether the programs they support work or not.
The liberals who hate Fox are no different than members of a cult. They hate Fox not because it is unfair or dishonest but because it dares criticize their comfortable religion.
Ellie Light, Obama’s BFF — The Philadelphia Daily News carried a letter to the editor from Ellie Light, Jan. 19, in which she said “It’s time for Americans to realize that governing is hard work, andthat a president can’t just wave a magic wand and fix everything.”
Ellie gave her address as Philadelphia.
The next day the San Francisco Examiner carried a letter from Ellie with the same sentence. This time, though, Ellie gave her address as Daly City, California.
Variations of the letter from Ellie defending Obama have within the two weeks also appeared in papers in Ohio, South Carolina, Maine, Michigan, West Virginia and Iowa, and in each Ellie used a local address.
The revelation of this particular “best friend forever” for our embattled president came about when Sabrina Eaton of the Cleveland Plain Dealer received an Ellie letter via email and did a little investigation because the name resembled that of a former co-worker..
Kudos to Sabrina.
Have the Democratic Party’s operatives really become so lame? This bodes well for the GOP this November.
Here’s the letter that appeared in the Philadelphia Daily News.
Here’s a letter that appears in today’s Lebanon Daily News in which Ellie claims to be a resident of Cornwall.
Ellie Light, Obama’s BFF