Although Pennsylvania does not have an official state fair, the Commonwealth is home to at least 100 local fairs and festivals, notes State Rep. Jim Cox (R-129) and this is the heart of the season.
“These events showcase not only agricultural feats of residents but are also sources of family entertainment with many having amusement park rides, a variety of specialty foods and live musical performances,” he said. “They are a great way to enjoy the warm weather and have fun with the whole family.”
A list of fairs can be found here.
Among the ones happening nearby are in
• Aug. 3-9: Reading Fair
• Aug. 11-16: Kutztown Fair
• Sept. 18-20: Oley Valley Community Fair
Aug. 13-17: Middletown Grange
- July 21-26: Kimberton Community Fair
- July 28-Aug. 2: Goshen Country Fair
- Oct. 3-5: Unionville Community Fair