Superior Court and county court judges will be on the ballot for the May 21 Republican Primary and the election provides a perfect opportunity for the grassroots to send a message to the uncaring establishment which does not listen to its own base, notes activist Bob Guzzardi.
Few pay attention to these races as important as they are, he says.
Rob Wyda, who served as a JAG officer in GITMO, Afghanistan and Iraq is the choice for Superior Court of those who care about this state and want to end business as usual, Guzzardi says. The establishment candidate is Vic Stabile, a partner with uber-connected law firm Dilworth Paxson LLP.
Guzzardi has written an open letter to Stabile (below) explaining why he can’t support him. Mostly it is due to those with whom he associates, namely the party establishment which is is in bed with Democrats when it comes from transferring wealth from the forgotten taxpayer to the politically connected, he says.
“These are the associates Vic Stabile has chosen; birds of a feather flock together,” Guzzardi said. “The leaders of both parties either don’t know where money comes from or don’t care. The difference between them is that those who make up the Republican constituency do, unlike the rank and file Democrats, and want to save the state and avoid the real pain that will come for all from economic irresponsibility.”
Birds of a Feather….You have chosen your associates and, although you are, clearly, intelligent, well-informed and very experienced, you have chosen to associate with obstinate, self-serving, incompetent blockheads who do not hear the anger and anguish of the grassroots, the Forgotten Taxpayers, and the middle class working people who are being exploited by ever escalating size and cost of government and are selling out the loyal and credulous Republican voter.
Pennsylvania Republican Party Leadership (sometimes called The Establishment, or, as a rude child of nature might say “the bad guys”)
To learn more about the leadership of the state party, click the links below.
• Chairman Rob Gleason
• Vice Chairman Joyce Haas
• National Committeewoman Christine J. Toretti
• National Committeeman Robert Asher
• Finance Chairman Chris Gleason
• Deputy Chairman Renee Amoore
• Treasurer Carolyn “Bunny” Welsh
• Assistant Secretary Peg Ferraro
• General Counsel Lawrence Tabas
Don Yost Northeast Caucus Chairman
Bill Darr Southwest Caucus Chairman
Blake Marles Northeast Central Caucus Chairman
Michael Meehan Southeast Caucus Chairman
Donna Reinaker Central Caucus Co-Chairman
Dick Stewart Central Caucus Co-Chairman
Robyn Sye Northwest Caucus Chairman
You may think it “guilt by association” but when you associate with the guilty, what is any common sense person to think: “birds of a feather flock together”.
And here are some of the people you are ‘guilty’ of associating with:
BETRAYED and Financially ABUSED
• LeRoy Zimmerman profited from his position at Hershey Trust ( a charity for disadvantaged children or Republican slush fund) “When Leroy S. Zimmerman was named in late 2002 to the board of the small state-chartered Pennsylvania bank that managed the assets of the Hershey charity for disadvantaged youth, the post paid about $35,000 a year and came with restrictions.
For the tax year that ended July 31, 2010, Zimmerman, 76, earned $500,000 – for the second consecutive year. His total compensation on Hershey-related boards in less than a decade is $1.9 million.” Bob Fernandez Inquirer 20 July 2011 Inquirer.
• AND LeRoy Zimmerman, and many Republican Insiders, were silent as Hershey School assets and income were used to bail out Republican Insiders Bob Fernandez Inquirer 11 February 2011 (and five months later LeRoy Zimmerman resigns his well paid posts at Hershey!)
“The deal tossed a financial lifeline to 40 to 50 local businessmen and doctors who had invested in Wren Dale and faced substantial losses. One of them was Richard H. Lenny, then-chief executive officer of the Hershey Co. and a member of the charity board that approved the purchase.” READ MORE Bob Fernandez Inquirer 3 October 2010 Not surprisingly, Milton Hershey School Will Close[money losing golf course for which Leroy Zimmerman and crony insiders overpaid Golf Course READ MORE Bob Fernandez 15 February 2013
• Harrisburg Bond Bailout was engineered by Republican lobbyists Stan Rapp and Greenlee Partners and note involvement of John McNally, Andrew Giorgione, Jeff Haste Mike Pries, A.J.Marsico (Dauphin DA’s brother) Insiders Profit; The Forgotten Taxpayers of Pennsylvania pay for the fiscal profligacy of Harrisburg elected leaders…bankruptcy was an option but then bondholders would have had to take a haircut; Bondholders Happy; The Forgotten Taxpayer, not so much….
• Senate Bonusgate NonInvestigation and Orie Sisters Conviction
CasablancaPa (27 February 2012) On top of the Orie fiasco, Senate Rs awarded the largest bonuses of any in the General Assembly, to employees who did campaign work:
• $22,500 to Mike Long, former top aide to then-Senate President Pro Tempore Robert Jubelirer of Blair County.
• $19,647 to Drew Crompton, then a top lawyer on Jubelirer’s staff.
• $15,000 to Erik Arneson, former chief of staff to then-Senate Majority Leader David Brightbill;
Shocked at corruption in Pennsylvania Senate, are we? See Turnpike Grand Jury Report 13 March 2013 and Attorney General’s Press Release and Brad Bumsted’s reference to the spirit of Senate bipartisanship
Robert Jubelirer whose former chief of staff was….Mike Long: “It’s odd, though, that Mellow is the only elected official named in the report. During the past decade, Fumo and former Senate President Pro Tem Robert Jubelirer, R-Altoona, had the most influence at the Turnpike Commission. Jubelirer has not been accused of any wrongdoing.” READ MORE Tribune Review Brad Bumsted16 March 2013
Despite all this staring him in the face, Corbett never subpoenaed a single Senate R member or staffer;
Note CasablancaPa is run by (CasablancaPa provides a real service to citizens of Pennsylvania and is run by Democrats who s
eemed to have learned honest and “equal justice under law” when their ox was gored. These are Democrats affiliated with Mike Veon convicted of Bonusgate violations and and then another 1 to 4 years for BIG swindle and Brett Cott (21 months to five years)
• The House Republicans, who spent $30, 000 trashing the good name of a good man, now Representative John McGuiness who primaried and defeated Jubelirer Republican 34 year incumbent Rick Geist, (for whom phony Charlie Gerow campaigned), owe The Forgotten Taxpayers of Pennsylvania TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS (AG Corbett’s Grand Jury Presentment PART 1,page 1, paragraph 3 – hat tip Signor Ferrari) (Grand Jury Report: Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3) and very informative press release. Then Speaker Perzel signed the $10,000,000 computer contracts for technology and expertise was co signed by now Republican Speaker Sam Smith who, it seems, knew nothing.
• Mike Long and Todd Nyquist Two Faced Double Talkers, one could almost mistake them for Democrats but wait…they represent Union Aristocrat Wendell Young IV of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union(next to last page), currently, and vociferously and disruptively, opposing Liquor Store Privatization as well as the Corbett favorite Shell Oil (9 from last page).
Krystjan Callahan is Majority Leader Mike Turzai’s chief of staff and wife Megan Callahan is lobbyist with Long and Nyquist. Megan Crompton is wife of Senate Republican staffer Drew Crompton who was never investigated by AG for Bonusgate violations. Shohin Vance is grandson of faux conservative Republican Senator Patricia Vance.
• These two cases are important because Article III is important. The Supreme Court have been too deferential to General Assembly’s excesses. This is how we got Gambling.
Vic Stabile provided the links 2011 Superior Court case Sernovitz v Dershaw where Pennsylvania Constitution’s Article III, Section 3, Single Subject Rule, was upheld by Pennsylvania Superior Court in a case invalidating a section of Act 47 of 1988 Abortion Control Act and Pennsylvania Association of Jury Commissioners v Commonwealth (Act 108 of 2011 Senate Fiscal Note) where the Supreme Court upheld the Pennsylvania Constitution’s Single Subject Rule.
VIC STABILE: THESE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO ASSOCIATE WITH. BIRDS OF A FEATHER…
Bob Guzzardi Camp Hill is independent of any party, candidate or campaign and is approved of by no one.